Tuesday, September 18, 2012

National Suicide Awareness Week

Patricia Andres
K I W I
I flip-flopped back and forth between feeling I absolutely had to write something and not wanting to say anything at all for fear of tackling such a huge subject. And that's exactly what the problem is, I was an embodiment of the National Fear of Suicide.

We're afraid of what might happen, of admitting such a thing exists, of what we might be capable of. All too often this issue is swept under the rug, out of sight out of mind mentality.

Typical.
It infuriates me, upsets me and astounds me. 
That phrase is wrong, it doesn't apply here, it can't. It may be out of sight, but it is very much in the mind. 

And therein lies the problem:
how can you approach something when you can't see it? 

amanda
How do you face something that's in your head? 
Answer, you face it head on. 

I can't tell you what that means exactly because it means something different to everyone but I do know this:
Suicide is a long term answer to a short term problem. 

You can fall off the wagon, it's not easy staying on, but you won't alone getting back up.
Someone out there loves you and they're closer than you think - love them back and love for yourself will return of its own accord.



Lila Abanto


Ryleigh Ike


Taylor Weiss
Karalynn Grace

Kay Gale

Maggie Paperoni

No comments:

Post a Comment