Thursday, April 4, 2013

Paris in the Springtime - Roger&Gallet

My obsession with French skincare is clear as day at this stage. I've got to hand it to them, they know they're beauty those Europeans. But not only do they know how to look good, they're a dab-hand at smelling good too.

Exhibit A - Fleur d'Osmanthus from Roger&Gallet
Roger Gallet Fleur d'Osmanthus
Springtime scent complete with springtime manicure - positive thinking!


Perfume is a huge passion of mine. In fact I'm surprised I haven't ranted and raved about about fragrance already. So naturally when I was given the opportunity to try this new offering from Roger&Gallet I couldn't say OH YES PLEASE quick enough.

My favourite perfumes are those based on flowers - true floral scents. Things like jasmin or rose - nothing too sweet and something with a subtle, heart note. And yes, I've thought about this a lot.

The osmanthus blossom is a Chinese flower. Tiny, fragrant shrubs that take years to flower - but when they do, it's worth the wait. This fresh fragrant water as they've described it captures the fresh, sweet scent of the flower. Initially it smells slightly citrusy, but not it's not sharp or strong. There also a warm, sophisticated undertone.

Everyone's sense of smell is different, and it all comes down to what your preferences are - but I love this. The 30ml bottle is perfect for my handbag - it's not often I'm impressed with a lid on a bottle, but this one is very study, I've had no accidents yet!

Roger&Gallet sell their fragrances in two sizes - 30ml for €17 and 100ml for €39 so there's one to suit every budget and any handbag. Also the quality is very good meaning a little goes a long way and lasts a long time too. I would even be so bold to say that if you liked Jo Malone perfumes but don't like the price, this would be a more than adequate substitute.

Top notes - sweet, citrus
Heart note - soft, floral
Base note - woody
Verdict = Adorable!

Am I the only one who takes perfume ridiculously seriously?
What are your favourite types of perfume?

Lisa
xXx

2 comments:

  1. I've never had a sniff of this, I love their other scents though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh you should give it a whiff if you ever see it. Smells devine!

      Delete