Sunday, June 16, 2013

What goes around ...

Silver karma circle necklace
...comes around
We wear jewelry to decorate ourselves, but sometimes we also wear it to remind us of something ...




When I was about 15 and in Catholic school, I lost a lot of faith in what I was being taught, religion-wise. Don't worry, this isn't going to be some sort of spiritual rant - don't go running!

Still here? Great.

Anyway, the way I see things nowadays is a litte more straightforward, and what I see to be common sense. There are some remnants of my Catholic upbringing, namely the "Do unto others.." part, but mainly I stand by the idea of "What Comes Around Goes Around". I like to think that good things will comes to those who are worthy of it and bad people will get what's coming to them. We all get what we deserve. Everything will come full circle in time.

I spotted Julie, of Musings of a Makeup Manic sporting a dogeared karma necklace years ago and fell in love - (with the necklace!!!)

On my holiday in San Francisco, in a boutique on Market Street, they had a display of jewelry made by local artists. This necklace hung in the middle; handmade, sterling silver and absolutely perfect.

I wear it for many reasons. I've always loved silver jewelry. It's simple. Chic. It's a reminder to keep a level head and let the universe balance itself out in it's own time.

Do you have any jewelry that's special to you in this way?

Lisa
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment