Sunday, April 27, 2014

Re-Moving' On Up - Nothing Can Stop Lidl's Nail Varnish Remover

Acetone Free and only €1.49 - there has to be a catch, right?
As the sister and I browsed the aisles for the ingredients for our Paul Flynn recipes I couldn't help but check out the Holy Grail section as I like to call it.

I'm already a big fan of Cien handcream, both classic and the super-nourishing anti-aging, as well as their antiperspirant, random - I know.

That's how this little beauty came into my life. Ladies and nailvarnish-wearing gentlemen, this is the bomb!

You've got two choices, regular and acetone-free - both fragranced with a delicate almond-scent. Also, at only €1.49 it's all too easy to pop into your basket. BUT let's address the elephant in the room, the real reason I picked it up was not the in-offensive scent, the gentle formula or the jaw-dropping value; guys, look at the bottle - it's got a pump!


I had read into it much, but I had only ever seen one other non-pro brand with these bottles. Sure I could have picked up an empty at the Irish Beauty Show and transferred my remover into that, but who's got that amount of patience?!

It's the same super-slick, where-have-you-been-all-my-life bottle your manicurist has at her station. Hold a cotton pad on top, push down to pump (I find two pumps does one hand pretty nicely) and you're away! You won't ruin the varnish on your coffee table if you knock it over while the lid is off (I'm down two tables and counting at this stage) and you won't get light-headed from the fumes.

And for all the bells and whistles does it work? You betcha. I have yet to be disappointed with it. My typical 3 coats of OPI comes off no bother. I've soaked a glitter top coat for a few minutes and swiped it right off. Also, it's nice and gentle on my nails and doesn't stink out the house. It's safe to say this is my new favourite thing.

Have you find any unbelievable bargains lately?
Do share!

Lisa
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment